The Weeknd to headline Super Bowl LV Halftime Show

first_imgAdvertisementRecommended ArticlesBrie Larson Reportedly Replacing Robert Downey Jr. As The Face Of The MCURead more81 commentsGal Gadot Reportedly Being Recast As Wonder Woman For The FlashRead more29 comments Advertisement“We are thrilled to have The Weeknd join us in Tampa Bay on the Pepsi Halftime Stage,” Brian Rolapp, NFL Chief Media and Business Officer said. “Halftime Show performances have a history of excellence and creativity and we look forward to seeing what he will bring to Super Bowl LV.”Past halftime performances include Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Prince, Madonna, among others. Super Bowl LV is scheduled for February 7, 2021. AdvertisementDC Young Fly knocks out heckler (video) – Rolling OutRead more6 comments’Mortal Kombat’ Exceeded Expectations Says WarnerMedia ExecutiveRead more2 commentsDo You Remember Bob’s Big Boy?Read more1 commentsKISS Front Man Paul Stanley Reveals This Is The End Of KISS As A Touring Band, For RealRead more1 comments The Weeknd will be performing solo at the Super Bowl — Here’s why February 7, 2021 RELATEDTOPICS Advertisement TAMPA, Fla. — The multi-platinum, three-time Grammy Award winner The Weeknd will headline the Super Bowl LV Halftime Show at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.The Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show is the most-watched musical performance of the year, with more than 104 million viewers tuning in to last year’s show. “We all grow up watching the world’s biggest acts playing the Super Bowl and one can only dream of being in that position. I’m humbled, honored and ecstatic to be the center of that infamous stage this year,” The Weeknd said.The Weeknd is one of the most listened to artists on Spotify — boasting an impressive 51 billion streams. His 2020 album After Hours is the #1 most streamed R&B album of all time and his track “Blinding Lights” went 5X RIAA-certified platinum and broke the record for Billboard’s longest-running #1 on its US radio chart at 46 weeks and counting. AdvertisementTags: The Weeknd Advertisementlast_img read more

Finding a Local Doctor

first_imgThe best rule in the search for a health care provider in a new location is the sooner, the better. Before you arrive at your new assignment, you can check the Washington State Department of Health’s provider credential search at https://tinyurl.com/ycmrhpnt. This should give you a preview of the local medical practitioners as well as where you might need to go for specialized care.Personal referrals from friends or other medical personnel can add to your options.Building trust with a health care provider takes time, so don’t wait until a family member is ill to find a doctor, nurse practitioner or other health care provider.You can check a physician’s certification at the American Board of Medical Specialties at www.abms.org.When you have selected a health care provider, consider the following.When you scheduled your appointment, was the receptionist friendly, prompt and professional? Did he or she take the time to answer your questions? Were you left on hold too long?When you arrived for your appointment, were you greeted promptly? Was the reception area clean and comfortable? Was the staff friendly and willing to answer your questions?Did you have to wait long in the exam room before the doctor arrived? Was the exam room orderly and clean, with a chair for a family member?When the doctor arrived and introduced himself or herself, did he or she seem rushed or tired? Did you get a good first impression?During the consultation, did nurses or assistants pop in and out? Did the doctor seem caring, compassionate and sympathetic to your concerns?last_img read more

Going places – 7 August 2009

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Youth holiday programmes underway

first_imgChildren take part in one of the Youth Safety and Religious Partnership programmes in Beacon Valley. Picture: Supplied The Department of Community Safety will host 150 092 youths at its youth holiday programmes through its Youth Safety and Religious Partnership (YSRP) programme which started on Friday December 6.The YSRP is a religious holiday programme which promotes safety by keeping young people off the streets during the holidays. A budget of R5.780 million has been allocated for implementation of the YSRP in the 2018/19 financial year.Community Safety MEC Albert Fritz has called on citizens to support their local programme, and, where possible, register their own.  Mr Fritz said: “While the programme is constantly growing, there is a clear need in our communities to safeguard our young people over the festive period. Therefore, I call on all citizens to involve themselves in and support their local YSRP. Where possible, I urge residents to start their own programme.”The programmes will run until Saturday January 14.For further information on the YSRP programme, contact Mr Mansour Lagkar on 021 483 5621 or Liesl Dreyer on 021 483 4571 or email [email protected]last_img read more

‘Subscriber’ battles to cancel fraudulent contract

first_img“I’m hoping you can help me,” Mr Dickson said. I submitted a copy of my ID and the affidavit to Cell C and hoped they would look at my case and cancel the contract. Later I received an email from the Cell C collections department requesting that I pay the outstanding amount of R2 689.86. I contacted Cell C, rehashing my case. I was told that this would be resolved by their fraud division, but since then there have been no feedback since first logging the issue. I’m afraid I might be saddled with a bigger big and potentially blacklisted for not paying the account.” ComplaintChristo Valentyn, acting general manager for marketing at Kia Motors South Africa, has taken issue over the report about the Kia Rio, especially the headline “Kia dismisses customer’s complaints”, January 15/16).He said the headline does not reflect the contents of the report which clearly states that the car maker went above and beyond to help Robin Knox, who visited “multiple service providers that corroborated our findings.”Mr Valentyn also claimed that the story had been previously published and was reprinted again to “damage the KIA brand’s reputation by implying that we lied about the car not having a problem, and also creating the impression that we do not care about our customers and their complaints”.This is not so. It is the first time the story has been published in any Cape Community Newspaper title.Later, he agreed that it had not appeared before and apologised. Angela Nale, a spokesperson for Cell C, confirmed that the two contracts were activated in Mr Dickson’s name at the Cell C store at the Promenade Mall in Mitchell’s Plain. “I did the usual stuff, cancelling and reversing the debit order as well as contacting Cell C. I told them I had suspected fraud as I did not have a phone contract with Cell C. I was asked obtain an affidavit from the police station, about the fraudulent activity. But there was no further correspondence from Cell C. Deon Dickson didn’t get much help from the Cell C call centre after her noticed an unauthorised debit order of R199 for a contract he did not have.center_img “Mr Dickson contacted the call centre to query the unauthorised debit after submitting an affidavit the matter was escalated to the Cell C Fraud Department who confirmed that the ID that was submitted for the activation of the contracts was fraudulent. The contracts have been written off and a letter of confirmation was sent to Mr Dickson who was happy with the outcome.”       The Plumstead resident said he noticed the debit order being deducted from his account. However, Cell C did not explain what measures were in place to prevent this happening to other people. Mr Dickson told Cell C he had contacted his banker because he “suspected fraud as I do not own a Cell C contract and asked that the debit order be stopped and reversed”.“I contacted the Cell C customer service centre to raise the fraud dispute and l was told to send through my ID and the affidavit which I did. I’m very concerned that someone was able to open a cellphone contract in my name, especially with all the legal and compliance gates, ID and RICA, in place to prevent it. From a banking perspective I feel that there should be better security in place when it come to verifying debit orders and this is something I’m addressing with my bank.” “I had a call from Cell C informing me that was issue was has been resolved. They said they would refund me and contact the collection agency. I could not have done this without your help,” Mr Dickson said. last_img read more

Make sure fencing is around your personal pool

first_img Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one! Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Sumner Newscow report — Springtime is here and people are setting up their pools for summer.  Just a reminder from the Building & Codes Department to ensure pools are as safe as possible:All pools over 24-inches deep — or that hold over 5,000 gallons of water — require a fence constructed with approved fencing material and at least five feet high with a locking gate. Please contact the Building & Codes Office at (620)-326-3871 for information on approved materials.In addition to the required fencing, the use of pool covers is encouraged. The pool cannot be within 10 ft. of an overhead power line, and if you run an electrical cord out to the pool for a pump, remember to have a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protector for it. This will reduce the risk of injury from shock or electrocution. Follow us on Facebook.Follow us on Twitter.last_img read more

Ditchburn posts 42-pointer at Phoenix

first_imgSo this is the high season?  The green fees have increased in anticipation of a busy 4 months or so but if it was not for the cars used by the 40 golfers from the Billabong, the car park here would have appeared empty today.Jimmy Grieve, Arab and Paul.There are a couple of comments worth making about Green Valley at the moment: the greens have still not totally recovered from the severe scarifying they received about 1 month ago and the flags are too often in the same part of the green, particularly the 17th which always seems to be on the top part of the green.Perfect conditions greeted the Billabong crew with a gentle breeze and good grass coverage on the fairways following some recent heavy rain.The ladies, teeing off first, always set a good pace (if only the men would play at the same speed) and the chasing groups completed their 18 holes in less than 4 hours.  The scores were not particularly good today with only 2 players playing to their handicap.Miss Pin had 33 points to finish third while the consistent Miss Nu finished with 35 points only to be beaten by newcomer, Miss Khan, with 36.Gary Ritchie, not playing at his best off a 6 handicap, had 32 points losing on the back 6 to Bob Philp.  Another count back was required to separate Auke Engelkes and Peter Bird on 34 points each; Peter getting the edge for second place on the back nine.  Playing 4 or 5 times per week at the moment, J.P. Maffray, outshone everyone today with 37 points to take the top prize.Only one ‘2’ today and that went to Jim Bryan.Nu, Khan and Som.There was excitement after the game when a snake dropped from a tree on the seat behind Wayne Cotterell.  Unperturbed, he said that he gripped the huge serpent by the throat and saved everyone from this monster.  Strangely, not everyone agreed with his interpretation of events.Friday, Nov. 6, Burapha – StablefordWe had 8 groups playing today with one 5-ball at the back.  We got away to an early start and were all on the course by 10 a.m. in beautiful weather for golf.  The course was in magnificent condition, the greens were exceptionally fast and true as an arrow.The scores were fantastic with those on 37 down not even getting a mention in dispatches.  The prizes went down to fifth place, that spot going to Kevin Waycott on 38 points while fourth went to Bob Philp with his best round in months and 39 points.  Third place was taken by Dan Hogan on 40 points, him being beaten on a count back by Arab with 23 on the back nine.  Jimmy Grieve took the top prize today with a fine 41 points.There were four ‘2’s coming from the birthday boy Paul Greenaway, Kev Waycott, Pat Kavanagh and Jimmy Little.Note: The Billabong is situated just off Siam Country Club Road looking straight down Lake Mabprachan.  Give Bob a call on 082 204 3411 if you are looking for a game, and don’t forget ladies we have a woman’s tournament every Wednesday at Green Valley, all are welcome. The day was fine with just enough cloud cover to make the golf enjoyable.  The scores were fantastic with 38 points only good enough to give fourth place to Wes Rado, but he made up for it by recording the only ‘2’ of the day.  Third place went to Lenny Bantleman with a fine 40 points, him being beaten on a count back by Matt Timbrell playing off his 5 handicap and shooting 73 off the stick.  Martin Ditchburn was the winner with an excellent 42 points and as it was his first game back from work it made it all the better.Wednesday, Nov. 4, Green Valley – Stableford PSC Golf from The Billabong Golf BarMonday, Nov. 2, Phoenix – StablefordWith seven groups playing today we got away a little earlier than our normal playing time of 9.30.  Phoenix Golf course is in great condition at the moment with greens that run fast and true, they were having a bit of trouble with them but the problem has been solved.last_img read more

Buckingham takes the plaudits at 124th PSC monthly tourney

first_imgIt was to the east that all 89 PSC members went for the PSC June monthly tournament at the delightful Eastern Star Golf Club on Friday 21st June.  The course was presented in good order and the management had no others on the course allowing the 2-tee start to go uninterrupted.  The only concern was rain as most left Pattaya in a downpour, however apart from just a sprinkle there was none that affected the players.  The weather was cool with a stiff breeze. Golf Chairman Joe Mooneyham and Social Chairman Nigel Cannon were there to welcome members for registration.  There were 5 men’s flights, A, B, C, D and Silver, plus a separate Ladies flight.  A and B were played from the white tees, C and D from the yellow tees with Seniors and Ladies from their respective tees.Graham Buckingham.With a clear course it was rounds of about 4 hours and as the cards were submitted it was evident the course – with the wind – was playing a little difficult for most but as always some there were good scores. The low gross winner this month was Mike Allidi (2) with a 76 gross score.  Leading ‘A’ Flight was Mike Newbert (8) coming in with a net 76 while in form Freddy Starbeck (15) took ‘B’ Flight with 36 points.  Another 36 was enough for Rod Brown (19) to win ‘C’ Flight but the best of the day came from Graham Buckingham (23) with 40 points to secure ‘D’ Flight honours.  Kevin Dinan (21) with 34 points was the Senior winner and Usa Phaohom (22) took the Ladies prize.It was then back to Lewiinski’s for the presentation where again Colin and his team provided another great buffet with plenty for all.At the presentation Nigel welcomed all and introduced Joe Mooneyham who expressed his appreciation for the support of all today’s players and the help from Nigel, William and the PSC unseen office staff for the preparatory work prior to the day.  Nigel called the winning names and Joe presented the prizes with William taking the photos.  The lucky draw followed and then the traditional 50/50 draw.The next PSC monthly is at Green Valley and will be rather different with a ‘shotgun’ start at 1030 with the buffet and presentation at the course.Note:  In last week’s article about the newly elected Pattaya Sports Club committee, Joe St. Laurent was inadvertently left off the list.  He was re-elected to his post as PSC Secretary.Freddy Starbeck,Rod Brown.Mike Allidi.Mike Newbert (left) with PSC Golf Chairman Joe Mooneyham.May (left) was a surprised and happy 50/50 winner.Ladies winner Usa Phaohom with the runner-up and the PSC Ladies champ.last_img read more

Sir Alex Ferguson admits Cristiano Ronaldo was a diver

first_imgSir Alex Ferguson, Cristiano Ronaldo’s coach at Manchester United, said at Stanford School of Business, in a discussion about leadership, that the Portuguese winger was “a diver”. “He was impressed, he wasn’t expecting this response. The Premier League is very tough. You could be a substitute, you could play in the League Cup, but if you have the level to start for Man United, nothing will hold you back.  CET Upd. at 12:57 Asked about how he convinced the then Sporting Lisbon player to sign for Man United, Ferguson explained that he promised “the best education possible” but not that he would play every week.  In reference to his transfer to Real Madrid, Ferguson added: “He wanted to go to Real Madrid, it was the dream of his lift. I told him to stay a year and then he could go with my backing. He was fantastic.”center_img The ex-United boss said Ronaldo was the best professional he has ever seen, but has “latin” flaws that he could correct with discipline – he was a “diver”. 08/12/2015 “Cristiano had no fear, the biggest players fear nothing,” explained Ferguson. Sport ENlast_img read more

Andrew knocks on media doors

first_imgBy Kara IrvingANDREW Powell and his best mate Gavin consider themselves the next Hamish and Andy. “But we’re willing to…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img